At least on this card. We have some sort of weird teeny, tiny, itsy, bitsy, miniscule black flying, biting bug which appears around dusk and prevents me from sitting outside to enjoy this beautiful weather…but that’s another subject for another day. Here are the lady bugs:
It’s a birthday card for a dear friend of mine who loves……yes, you guessed it….LADYBUGS!
Do you think there are enough of them on there? Hand stamped, every one. Except for the two big ones that are punched out (MS ladybug punch). The ladybug stamps are clear stamps that might be from a Studio G set from Michaels or they might be from some other clear set I bought at Target a couple of years ago, I really don’t remember. I am glad I had them because ladybug patterned paper is hard to find.
The red flower is one I crocheted using embroidery thread and a small crochet hook (2.75, I think). The ovals are all Nestabilities, of course.
I am in a Fall colors card making mood now. Starting tomorrow the weather is supposed to be cool and breezy, I can’t wait! I love this time of year and the beautiful colors of Fall…..deep red, burnt orange, golden yellow, olive green and chocolate brown. Mmmmmm.
I hope to get some more Operation Write Home (formerly Cards for Heroes) done and in the mail soon, too. I am sending off a box tomorrow but they can always use more. If you would like to participate, click on the link on the right sidebar to find out more.
Happy Fall, ya’ll :-)
Barbara Hammerstad sends cards to Stamper’s Alley every month and both of these were inspired by some of her lovely creations. She is so creative and sends such beautiful cards every month. You can see them all here.
Great Impressions stamp, Nestabilities dies, Fiskars Apron Lace border punch, misc flowers, ribbon from Michael’s
All Hero Arts stamps, Nestabilities scalloped square die
The leaf stamps on these 3 cards are in a Hero Arts set and I wanted to use them together on one card but couldn’t make it work the way I wanted it to so I made 3 cards instead. The stamp along the bottom is a dollar stamp from Michael’s.
Thanks for visiting!
These first two cards were made a couple of months ago but I never got around to posting them. I really enjoy making these little flowers and wish I had a larger variety of colors, but the cotton yarn I use for them isn’t available in too many colors, at least not locally.
Hero Arts stamp, BoBunny paper, May Arts ribbon.
Hero Arts stamps, the grass was made by just cutting into the paper with scissors.
The stamp is a new Hero Arts Cling. I inked it up with Ranger Distress Inks (Spiced Marmalade and Peeled Paint on the left, Broken China and Shabby Shutters on the right) and stamped it on to watercolor paper. I used my waterbrush to move the ink around to the spots that didn’t stamp, because the watercolor paper is so bumpy it’s hard to get an even impression. That’s one of the good things about the Distress Inks, being able to move the color around after you stamp. It works really well on watercolor paper, but I haven’t had much success doing it on regular cardstock.
The verse stamp on the card on the right is one from the dollar bin at Michael’s, colored with Prismacolor pencils.
I have some Fall cards ready to post and will get them up in the next day or so. I hope everyone is having an enjoyable Labor Day weekend!